Pacific Lodge Youth Services held its Car Show and Conservation Open House on Saturday, June 20th, 2015. The event took place on the Pacific Lodge Track & Field and was made possible through a partnership with the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. LADWP has partnered with the Lodge for the last few years in order to educate and promote energy and water conservation programs that LADWP has to offer for the community.
The show was a lot of fun! It was a beautiful day, with great music, raffle prizes, delicious food, information on energy efficiency and water conservation, and lots of cool cars from various car clubs in the San Fernando Valley. Vista Ford was one of the presenting sponsors, displaying a fleet of vehicles that included electric, hybrid, and the Vista Ford Racing Team. We also had a ‘cacklefest’ from the Burkholder Bros Racing Team.
The car show winners included:
- Best Pony: Jim Thompson 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe
- Best Old Muscle: Ron Czerniak 1968 Camaro
- Best Street Rod: Bob Tritt 1932 Ford 5WC
- Best Chevy Tri Five: Dale Conover 1955 Chevy Bel Air
- Best Mustang: Don Vincent 1968 Mustang GT Coupe
- Best Corvette: Ben Rosette 2005 Chevy Corvette
- Best Truck: John Martinez 1929 Ford Model A
- Best in Show: Michael Axon 1953 C Type Jag
Our residents enjoyed the show along with the spectators and the car show enthusiasts. It was great to see members of the community and make some new friends. We would like to thank all the participants and attendees for making this event a huge success!